Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Death by Coconut


I saw a man on the television who had won the lottery the other day. He said he was going to keep his job. Why was he not immediately shot? Is that not what our government is for?

Others say things like were they to win they would eat steak three times a day. Are not such sentiments worthy of death?

I would not limit my diet to steak, but instead would spend my winnings on a wide variety of foods, and whores.

What if I were married of course? How unfortunate that would be. I'm glad I turned that Turkish girl down. She would have payed me to marry her too, but she was no longer in her teens, and that meant that when i was 60, she would be 58 or so, and that seems unpleasant. Would I want a 58 year old to watch over me as I approach death?

She didn't even own a camel farm. On my deathbed I'd like to be regaled with stories of camel races in days past, while gazing upon someone beautiful. I'd like my wife to move my deathbed to the sea, but I doubt such an old woman would have the strength for that, even if I slept on an air mattress and was emaciated with disease.

Hence my refusal to marry her. I need a strong woman, or at least one pretty enough to convince stronger people to carry me as I lay dying to the sea. With my last breaths I can cast my eyes to the sky and see the palm trees silhouetted against the deep blue expanse, the sun warming my body. I'd have some coconut milk brought to me by my young wife/concubine, who would smile at me, cause although she might miss me, soon she would inherit all I had.

Was I poisoned? It was worth it.

The milk is sweet on my tongue and I lick my lips as I gaze upon her brown skin dappled with ocean spray.

No comments: